View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 05:37 AM

TIME MACHINE
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I exclusively run my off road vehicles on a dirt oval track at my local hobby shop. I also have a much larger dirt oval that we all use as a practice track. I took the Hyper TT to the practice oval yesterday to put it through the paces.

The Hyper TT was brand spanking new and had never been run. When I pulled the truck out of the box, the first thing I noticed was that all four tires had flat spots. I guess this old Hyper TT had been sitting on a shelf at Tower Hobbies for a long time

As mentioned in my previous post, the manual says that the truck was 3S capable, but you have to change out the ESC fan to the upgraded version. So because of that, I ran 2S all day. The practice track we use is a large oval with extremely loose dirt. Did I mention extremely loose dirt? Clouds of dirt and zero traction are commonplace.

The Hyper TT was an absolute beast. Box stock with no mods, I was able to breeze by short course trucks, Axial Yeti's, and Baja trucks. The Hyper TT tires hooked up really well and the truck handled great in this environment. I was really impressed. For such a large track, I almost felt like a need to move up a pinion tooth or two, but I will resist the urge since the nicely groomed track that we frequently race at is much smaller with tons of grip.

Pros:

- I love the noisy drive train. It is very unique.
- Plenty of get up and go power.
- All of the RTR electronics were smooth and felt good.
- Real head turner (just something cool about a small 1/10 truggy)
- Well built for an RTR (nothing loose, no failures after a long day of running)

Cons:

- Stock ESC fan can only handle 2S lipo
- Turn radius sucks compared to other vehicles
- Tires had flat spots out of the box
- Hobao packaging sucks (no styrofoam or other protective material)
- Stock radio feels really cheap and just barely gets the job done.