R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 04-05-2018, 07:29 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpatrick
i agree, i was thinking if someone wanted to give it a try and already had a buggy then just use the same electronics and save a few bucks. also way more places to race quiet cars
I have had mine for a couple of years and only ran it a couple of times. At the MWS race in Indiana a couple of years ago, with no set up or practice I was faster than my pan car and Lon II ran it a few laps, complaining it wouldn't turn, went two seconds faster! Ran it in Florida in an actual race at the World Nitro Champs (Weird huh?) and it ran great! One of the other cars was quite a bit faster but he over temped while I didn't. I have a 1900kv and 4s now but have run it with 2s and a 4wd off-road truck motor and it was almost as fast.

Great car. If I could race it I'd like to get a new one with all the upgrades. I also got the Nitro prototype from Thomas. He initially wanted to introduce a more cost effective nitro 4wd car but saw the market for electric cars was where the growth potential really was. Don't misunderstand, I started in 1/8th gas in 1971 and it will always be my absolute favorite, but l;;unfortunately the future is electric, gas, nitro, is for diehards... SAD...