R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 07:42 AM
disaster999
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Shaft is still straight, rolled them on a flat surface and no wobbling, Im using metal suspension balls so they seem to be still in good condition. I ordered a new 1E suspension holder as that was bent from the crash, but the front XA, from visual inspection they seem to be intact. I did a once over on everything and it looked fine.

chassis doesnt appear to be tweaked. Lays flat on the table and did a ruler check and cant see any gap under it or rocking back and forth...its flat.
Just to give an update, I bought a new chassis, new arms, new rear hub, new RF and RR suspension holder and new pins. Made sure the arms are shimmed properly so they drop on their own weight but have almost no play forward and backyard play. Despite spending all that time and money, the left and right rear toe still have 0.5-1 degree difference. Im guessing the next item on my list to by are different RF suspension holders just so the toe are the same left and right...

At least I was finally able to completely overhaul the car so hopefully its good as new now.