R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who's heard of "Power Racing" 1/8 RTR
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 AM
R40Victim
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought one...and I'm moderatly pleased so far. Most of the car is sound, but I do have a few complaints. The body that comes with it is crap, it's going in the trash. Whoever cut it to fit was either blind or in too big a hurry. The suspension settings were all Way Off. In fact, I had to take the rear end apart just so I could get to the droop setting.(they were so far in I couldn't get a Ball tiped hex wrench in there.) The wires on the starter that comes with it are backwards. The starter is basically a converted airplane starter, hand held, not bad at all. It's kinda like that other system, with the one way bearing and shaft sticking out from the back of the engine block. I basically had to reverse the wires on the 12v battery to get it to turn the motor in the correct direction.

I started breaking in the motor last night, but I ran out of daylight and time(this thing is too loud, I didn't want to piss off the neibors too badly). When I say loud, I'm comparing it to my other nitro cars, wich have all been 1/10 scale. It's louder than any of my airplnes have been as well(even with the prop). It just about fired right up, and seems to be breaking in nicely.

I haven't driven it yet, I'll give a full report. Overall, not bad, my few complaints are about things that are easily corrected, and I still would've bought it knowing what I do now. The body was useless to me anyway, I'm getting a Lola...