R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What does everyone use to discharge packs after a run?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 AM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Like Matt said, this is with OLD packs though and those increases could have been minimal. ALL old packs that I've deadshorted have had 'minimal' increases, nothing to do backflips about. A practice pack is a practice pack. There is still no PROVEN method out there that works better than equalizing down to 0.0V, 'holding' them there for at least 4-6 hours before you charge them again. I have computer data that shows even if your cells read 0V, there is still some voltage left in the cells. The only way to ensure your cells have no voltage left in them, is having a voltmeter that can measure less than a quarter of a volt. All the 0.0V discharge trays do this (not the measuring part but truly taking the cells to 0.0V) but you have to leave them on for awhile. The ICS unit that ProTrak makes is an awesome piece. If anyone wants to hear how it works that's fine but I'm not going to get into @ this point in time. I'm turning into such a battery geek; but this battery crap is fun -JB