R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Handout motors
Thread: Handout motors
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 08:28 AM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
huh nope no R1 in my stable...but yes I don't mind spending $150 on a motor with a company that's has a good rep on the product. and able to help me be faster.

What I'm asking is, IF the handout motor isn't across the board on a national level, what do we do?... I know motor companies can bid for a title sponsor for an event, like Birds, Champs ect....but after the event then what?....its not like example, Trinity will put up the motors for all the large events?...will they?... and if they did, what about the other companies out there. Reedy, Motiv, TSR, ect...do they get left behind cause nobody is using their motors?....or do we the racers continue to buy handout at every event we attend?...that would really suck to have a bunch of slower than normal handout motors that are useless after an event. Even if you only went to one event, that's still motors that you cant use, unless it happens to be the one your club is using.

Guys this handout motor thing sounds good, but the truth is it will only work if ROAR set very tight rules for handout motors for all companies to follow. Now will they do such a thing after just doing the revise on the rules this past winter?.... I wouldn't. I would like see what happens with the new rules over a period of time.

The other issue with this is if ROAR did the rules for the handout, who is to say the the company will keep it that tight. We saw what happen at the ROAR Nats, with the many motors not able to pass tech. The motor submitted isn't the motor on the shelf?...That's the same issue you will have with the handout.

Then you have the handout itself. We all know that tamper proof is BS. We all know that tricks will be discovered just like "back in the day" with twisting this, shaving that, ect ect....We will find a way to make the motor faster some how, And we know it.

all this to say this again....US the racers need to be BETTER with US.

give me the rules, let me pass tech, let me race....
I think you're missing the distinction between a user owned control motor and a track owned handout motor. Also, if it's a single make spec motor then it doesn't even need to be ROAR approved if everyone is using the same motor.

Last edited by gigaplex; 03-23-2018 at 08:48 AM.