R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:29 AM
Teamhotrods
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC3
Again, It's hard to explain. Yes, the two halves of the bumper do still screw together squashing everything together. No problem there other than the fact that you're squashing ~26mm of material into a 23mm space.

There are two problems. 1) The new bumper arrangement is too thick (26 vs 23mm) to fit in the original bumpers space. 2) The rubber grommets holding the RPM bumper are super slippery semi-hard rubber and are not fixed in the bumper. (flanged on one side only) The RPM bumper itself is also very slick with rounded corners where the grommets go.

Two things happen depending on grommet position.

Grommet flange on bottom: The bumper simply slides up over the grommet, compresses the foam and is loose. (as in pic above)
Grommet flange on top: The grommet itself slides up on the bumper bracket post, stays there, and the bumper is again loose.

The only thing holding the bumper/grommets in place is the foam, and the foam isn't nearly firm enough to actually hold the bumper/bumper grommets in place after taking any impacts.

If I was a good enough driver and didn't run into things so damn much I wouldn't have to worry about this nonsense, but dang it I'm not there yet! lol
Super glue the gromets in place? Might still move when hitting a wall at 30MPH