R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
KLANDERMAN
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by 2Hammer
Hey guy's, thanks for the practice thing. Always a good idea and hopefully fun.

Last race season 2004, I put in the lght wght 2-speed and hollow shafts and they were OK. But when I replaced the plastic shocks with a set of Alums. from my Proceed, that R-40 was a stuck monkey. It would go anywhere - do anything car, just give it the gas.

Most of the track's I ran at were pretty high bite. I think it was as. 60 wt up front and as. 50 wght. in the rear.

I had a couple of sets of the plastic body shocks that I put together and tryed some different set ups, but the car was just not there. I had to drive the car to hard and it was not smooth. The car did not take a set into the corner very well is the best way to put it.

The Alum. shocks were magic on my car. Really felt like a new car. I think I almost smiled.

HPI - R40 race history question.
Hara and the R-40 won the ROAR sedan Nationals in CA 2003, it and Hara also won the Japan sedan Nationals in 2003. Last year, Hara and the R-40 again won the 2004 ROAR sedan Nationals in OH.
I know Hara and I do not believe anyone from the HPI factory team attended the IFMAR 1/10th nitro Sedan worlds last fall in Brazil.

Hara had just raced the two Ifmar on-road elct. worlds in FL the two weeks previous to the Brazil race.

Maybe some people have their limit on how many days of racing they can handle in a row.
thanx for the imput, i guess my friend was right... Hara has won many championships, but not the world championship... thats what he was telling me, that at the worlds most drivers use mugen, serpent and kyosho v oe rrr, but no HPI... I got a little mad and didnt say much until someone had my back on history lesson, but I guess theres not much of a fight left...

Talking about suspension... I guess one way to put it is that your plastic shock set was weird, or maybe it had the wrong oil in them or something, but how is some extra weight gonna help in performance... Ill leave this question to the pros, but in my opinion those shocks might have been set wrongfully and the aluminum brilliantly well set, height, oil mix and right springs...