R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 01:15 PM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yess
Changing out the spur gear this evening for the first time since building my TC7 last month, I had the hardest time getting the screws out of the spur gear shaft. Undoing one meant the other simply turned the shaft.. Eventually I took the bulk head off and used pliers to hold the shaft, but then even the shaft required being plied out with a flat head screwdriver. Surely this isn't the way it should be? Any tips? I did lock tight the screws, this could be part of the issue. But even still, I can't see how u doing the screws will be easy when they are counter to one another and the shaft simply turns.
For what it's worth, I've only ran it 4 times at the track.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I think the Loctite is causing your problem, as long as the screws are properly tightened there's no need for it.

Install the center shaft on the motor mount and tighten the 3x10 screw as tight as you can. Then tighten the 3x6 FH screw. I use a 2mm wrench in either side at this point, one to lock down the 3x10 screw while the other makes sure the assembly doesn't spin. When you go to disassemble, simply loosen and remove the 3x6 screw and apply some pressure to the end of the shaft with your thumb and loosen the 3x10.

It might not be this easy until you've worn off all the Loctite. This is where I use it on my cars.

Blue Loctite
4 small spool pulley screws
2 3x10 BH screws on steering rack

Red Loctite
Front spool outdrives