R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 12:54 PM
Slapmaster6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I like to be a little factual instead of bulldozing a topic down your throats. We are all educated. I'll show you the formula. You can make up your mind on what's best.

Last Sat at the CC, we had 45 entries. Not factoring in Fam Disc. 1/3 was a double entry. At $20 an entry, you get:

45 x $20 = $900

If we went to $20/$10 and still had 45 entries

31 x $20 = $620
14 x $10 = $140
Total = $760

In order to get income to equal our $20/class at $20/$10, nearly every single driver would need to enter a 2nd class.

31x $20 = $620
28 x $10 = $280
total = $900

OK, last year, our average attendance was up at 59. This past season we are averaging 49. Why the decline? Too expensive? Terrible traffic? Lost interest? Too many other racing venues? Don't like the structure of the program? Not enough track time? But this is another subject for our fastest growing city both in expense and population in the country.

Lets say we get back to our hey days of 59 ave entries at the current rate of 1/3rd is the double entry at $20/$10.

39 x $20 = $780
20 x $10 = $200
total = $980

OK, that is "doable". The funny side effect that happens now is there is even less open track time due to more cars in attendance. Classes will get trimmed to 5 min. We have a hard start and finish and all that racing just needs to crushed in there. So does that really improve the value of racing?

The Gym costs $525 every time we set up. The Hangar costs $602. Sure, we could be cold hearted and carry a very business strategy attitude and cease the Hangar program an instantly improve our bottom line. But side effect would be traumatic. The loss of a Wed night program would sever the hobby for those not able to make a Sat. The available manpower shaved in half. It would be horrible move on our part. The Hangar is just as important as the CC as is Seatac.

Keep all this in mind; after the cost of H30 and the CC, we only average about $98/n of income. And that number is in the Black, not the Red!

Jeff, I am glad that ask this question. We really do take hard looks at really everything within the club. Todd has laid a great structure. There are many checks and balances in place. If I felt the $20/$10 price structure at the CC was going to improve our club, I'd be the first to push it. (BTW: it's $20/$5 at the hangar).

Brian