R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 07:08 AM
Adamska27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Larson - I never said get rid of anything other than one of these redundant TC classes and one stock 1/12th scale division, so I think we agree on a lot, F1 and Eurotruck have their places

If cost is as big a factor as people seem to think it is (I dunno about that, have any of you ever played golf? Way more expensive than R/C) then that pretty much makes it easy.

21.5 Spec Touring
--Whatever motor WCRC has been using (HW or something)
--Jacos
--TC rules for everything else

I really like the USGT format, but finding out guys were using bodies as tuning options (I mean, makes sense) and also that the tyres don't last much longer than Jacos before they fall off are serious negatives for the class. I think we should see what turnout is for this VTA nats race and try to address the health of USGT.

Cheap classes:
Eurotrash, F1, VTA

Medium:
21.5 Spec, 13.5 1/12

Fast:
Mod TC, Mod 1/12

I wasn't there 10 years ago, I was there 15 years ago, it was stock and mod touring, that was it, we had so many stock guys we would break it down by sponsored/not sponsored like the DNC

Oh, and yes, everyone should get a "prize" -- Ever been to a Scotty Ernst Event? Good luck not winning some little thing, I think it is a matter of respect for the racers, its not that hard to get sponsors to throw in some swag

Points series -Plaques for top 3 and free race or something for lower finishers who attended minimum number of races

Big races- Trophies and sponsor prizes/raffle crap