R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another "What To Buy" thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:29 PM
fredygump
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FloridaST
Selling the car back to VW after dieselgate is not your typical depreciation scenario and you know that. That said, I enjoy the GTI, i've had a few of them and they're a great value for the money.

Why don't you just put on a downpipe and do an APR tune?

I probably will get the stage 2 eventually.

I agree that "diesel gate" isn't a "normal" scenario. I think it's BS, to be honest. The comment about depreciation of a VW vs. an RC car was likely in jest, but stilll.. There are people who swear that VWs depreciate horribly, so I had to say something!

(Just the other day I saw a VW with a "Make America Great Again" bumper sticker. The irony! It's funny because of the confusion it represents! It's the fact that Republicans now want to put tariffs on foreign cars, like VW, Mercedes, and BMW...they think are all foreign made. But wait, most of those "foreign" cars are made in America! (Some in Mexico, but many are US built.) Putting that sticker on a VW wouldn't be ironic if they know it's made in America...but they think it's made in Germany! So they drive a car they think is German while advertising support for anti-foreign car policy. You know, it's the way VW is flooding the market with cheap cars and all... I could be entertained by this all day!)