R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help converting brushed dromida to brushless
Old 03-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Beefy nugz
Tech Apprentice

Well it's been about a month since i went brushless and upgraded my shocks and shock towers. I've put in quite a few bashings since then including two different dirt tracks, a skatepark and my yard/street and overall I'm very happy with it!

The complete plastic drivetrain is fully intact and working perfectly including the servo! Still have the aluminum drivetrain kit on the shelf. Im very pleased with the stock dromida drivetrain!!!

The aluminum shock kit that cost me 50 bucks (the price I paid for the rtr dromida mt), has been nothing but a pain in the ass! Bending/snapping shock shafts every other run. The shocks worked smooth literally for one day. Just had all the shocks apart again this morning after hitting the 1/8 rc dirt track with my kid yesterday. Fixed the one bent shaft and all four shocks just don't do what they did the day I put them on.

Then supposedly I bought the old style shock towers. They have the aluminum body mounts as part of the tower. I shaved them down some in height as not to slam on them so hard when i land upside down. Well my front tower is bent and pushed forward a tad causing the diff case to crack $!#*&^!

Looked for some upgraded shafts with no luck. Maybe hot racing shocks are worth a shot. Anyways I have a cpl questions for you guys

Anybody know where I can find a diff case?
And the plastic body mounts for the newer style shock towers??

Thanks again