R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Noise in drive gear
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 03:18 PM
CNYJOJO
Tech Rookie

Default Fixed

Ok, so I changed absolutely everything possible and it got worse!So my youngest son, who was first to show interest in this new Mudboss venture, decided to help. He asked one of his fellow racers what they thought and they told him I was installing the slipper gear improperly. That being said I learned that there is actually a proper way to do it and not just bolt it on ! Lesson learned. Thanx to you all.
MUDBOSS ON !!
"Just cause I'm a newbie don't mean I'm a child. Heck, I am 50 years old. Now get out of my room."😎
Originally Posted by fredygump
My first thought is that you have a piece of grit stuck between a spur gear teeth.

I've seen it before on a brand new slash 2wd...and you can't even see the thing. But you can hear it, and it sounds bad.

Take a razor blade/exacto knife and scrape between every tooth. I bet you'll find a tiny piece of grit stuck in one of them.

I might even be able to see it in the photo? Draw a line from the top edge of the upper motor mount screw over to the spur, and you'll see a spec of something between the teeth. It could be nothing, but it could be your problem.