R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Noise in drive gear
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:30 AM
CNYJOJO
Tech Rookie

Default Must stay stock

Were running stock Mudboss so I must use stock gear. I've rotated 3 bolt mounting set up 3 times, no help. Pinion is on backwards already. Going to pick up pressure plate. It's the only thing I did not replace.
Was running perfect (in a crappy spot, lots of cinder and stonedust) and turned left one time and click, click, click. Spur hear hitting grub screw. Have 2 slash and other spur gear nowhere as neer much wobble in #2
Originally Posted by kevinatfms
Forgot to add that another option is to go with the 32p gearing from a Jato. The Jato spurs fit the 3 bolt VXL slipper hub and offer a much better mesh due to the tooth size. They are also run much more true than the 48p stock spurs for some reason.

I run 15/54 in my mod class Slash 2wd and dont really have an issue besides the shitty lock point of the factory slipper pads. STRC has the Associated slipper top shaft which i plan on swapping out to next time i open the trans to replace the diff fluid(sealed diff FTW). You may want to look into grabbing the Jato spur and pinion for the ease.