R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sweep F1 tyres.
Thread: Sweep F1 tyres.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 01:47 PM
SweepRacingUSA
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
First off, congrats on the #1 finish at 360 raceway.

A couple of questions for those that are tire testing on black carpet.

When racing on black carpet, did you guys glue the front tire sidewalls, like you have to do on other manufacturer's tires?

If so, how far up the sidewall did you glue or how close to the contact patch did you have to glue them?

There are some other's tire you don't have to glue and I do hope that yours are the same. I do understand that it is a tuning technique when needed.

Thanks..
thanks. we had another great testing session at the 360 Raceway yesterday. we ended up glued a ring of 1mm to 2 mm on the tire surface. (not on the sidewall)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Until I see a side by side comparison of Sweep V4s, CRC/Shimizu and Ride/Gravity I will not be switching brands.

3 drivers 1 car and a true comparison. Then I'd like to see the notes on durability, feel and what it took to make them work and under what track conditions. Repeat for carpet and asphalt.

I bought the V1s and they are still in their packets.
yesterday, a driver who has been running other brands ran 0.2 faster on his Hot lap just by switching to our tires. it will be interesting if any 3rd party magazines can do the shoot out for the all F1 tires.

Originally Posted by sbd
Agreed! The Sweep V1 were so crappy and cost me a lot of money for broken parts that it will take a lot of convincing to improve the image. 3 years back they almost managed to ruin our winter series as most of the drivers would have prefer to quit rather than racing with them. The organizer had to change the tire rules to not loose all drivers. They were crappy tires and even crappier rims. Sorry sweep.
V1 tires we had to stop selling it quick, at the end, a person who was in charge for the project got discharged. out of the box type of tires we made, which requires out of the box car set up. if you can pm us the track information, I like to contact them. thanks

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Will the new V4 tires be available not pre glued? Black rims are so boring and I cant find any V2 tires in medium.
soon we will sell the tires only too. we have Silver and Gold wheels in work, coming soon.