R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Truggy?
Thread: Which Truggy?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 AM
Micah78
Tech Fanatic

Default Which Truggy?

I'm trying to decide which truggy to buy for a backyard basher. I currently have an old RC8T that has served me well. The problem is that I kept going bigger and bigger on the engine and currently run an LRP .30X. For me this engine is awesome, easy to tune and TONS of torque. Problem is the spider gears in the diffs can't handle it. I can ruin a good set of spiders in the rear diff in just a few tanks of fuel. I've tried shimming them many different ways with the same end result every time. The metal that those spiders are made from is just too soft. If I drop a .21 back in it they last much longer.
I've narrowed my choice to the Tekno NT 48.3 or the Losi 8ight T 4.0. Since I don't race I don't really care which one is capable of the fastest lap times. I just want rock solid diff gears that can handle my LRP .30X. I've read a lot of good stuff about the diffs in both of these trucks. I would just go ahead and buy the Tekno but it's $150 more than the Losi. I don't wanna buy the Losi to save the $150 and then regret it.
If compared side by side are the Tekno and Losi drivetrains equally as strong? Or does one stand above the other?