R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Yess
Tech Apprentice

Ok, the DCJ clip issue seems overblown by the manual -- the TC7 manual is pretty basic in some very important sections, and then way over the top on the most simple things. I do note, however, that changes were made between the TC7 and TC7.1 manuals to address this -- just like the car's evolution for the better, the manual has also evolved.

The outdrives - the composite outdrives in the TC7 kit are wider at the base than the steel 7.1 outdrives, so when you screw them on to the spool/diff the wider back of the outdrive holds the cam on. When you screw the steel outdrives on to the spool/diff the cam can slip over the narrower outdrive.

With all that said, I am having an issue with the left rear hinge pin angle... I haven't got enough posts at this point to post a pic, but basically the left rear hinge pin is at a slightly more acute angle than the right hinge pin. I have tried swapping the arm mount inserts, tried two new inserts, flipping them, etc, but nothing works. If you looked at a protractor, and the centre of the car is 90 degrees, the left hinge pin would be at a 105-110 degree angle, while the right would be at 100-105 degrees (80-75 degrees on the protractor). Anyone else experienced this? Any solutions? Thanks