R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 SCT 3.0
Thread: TLR 22 SCT 3.0
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Bivens
Tech Addict

I am very embarrassed to say that I ordered the truck when it was first released, but JUST now got time to build it...yes, over a year passed with it new in box. (I was building a house and not racing...). I have raced the 1.0 and 2.0 trucks for years and I am excited to get this thing on the track. In an effort to get good answers fast I thought I'd post right here and see what you guys had for advice, so here's my questions:

Q1) I typically like Frank Root's posted setups that appear a bit after the kits are released better than that available when the kits are released, and I did not build it straight away so I decided to use the ROOT setup on this one. I have not searched out any other setups. What CURRENT setup do you guys suggest for low to mid-bite clay, for a truck with modified, wheel standing power?

Q2) The rear shock setup in the kit has 7mm of limiters inside the shock body. The ROOT setup shows a blank on the setup sheet there. Does this mean that there are NO limiters in the shocks or that the blank just didn't get some data entered? For now I've got the 7mm kit spacers in the rear shocks but thought Frank could speak to this. I didn't try to set it up without limiter spacers in the rear shocks, and I'm not even sure if the bones would stay in with full droop.

Q3) With what I THINK is correct on the front bump steer spacers/ackerman/etc for the Root setup sheet, I'm looking at quite a bit of bump-steer where the truck toes-OUT on suspension compression. It is more bump-steer than I ever ran on the 2.0 or any other vehicle. Can someone confirm how much bump steer you are getting in the clay setups you like and post what you like for front steering geometry?

I hope to get the truck on track in a day or so, but wanted to ask these Q's so that I could get your thoughts in mind and get a good setup on it before I get out. I'm still not fully done building this house, and time is very valuable...but I'm dying to get back to the track.

Thank you for some help.