R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 best FUELS!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Bundy_Bear
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat
houston, thanks for the response!

From what I see, Klotz is a mix of synthetic and castor oils (80/20). I've read in some places that not all synthetics blend with methanol. Is there any rule/group of oils that are specifically designed for our application or oils used in e.g. 2-stroke kart racing are suitable? In other words - is there a way to find out if a specific oil will blend with methanol or not?
The reason I ask is that I'd like to mix my own high-quality fuel and I'm looking for good oils (someone here recomended Redline).

As for the Rapicon - I found out that it's oil is a 9% of full synthetic (shitty quality according to some people). I'll add 1% of castor oil. Does that sound good by your experience?
Correct the Klotz KL100 Super Techniplate is blended with 80% TechniPlate Synthetic Lubricant and 20% BeNOL Racing Castor Oil.

Klotz also off KL200 Techniplate (synthetic oil) and Klotz BeNOL Racing Castor Oil separately.

There are a few go-kart oils that will mix with alcohol but a go-kart engine does not usually rev as high as an R/C engine.

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 02-16-2018 at 08:41 PM.