R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R1 Wurks brushless motors
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
I'm running a 17.5 v16 in 1/12 stock blinky. The track is 60x60 old gray carpet. I've been experimenting with the motor but not getting the results. Which rotor should be used? I have the 1750 plus the standard and what timing should I be using? The motor typically comes off at 130 area on an 85 rollout with 40deg of timing. Any thoughts or suggestions?
the 12th scale benefits better with the standard rotor.. The HT rotor reduces the rpm of the motor. you don;t need the extra torque provided by the HT motor.

I would recommend to try a 76spur with a 44 pinion and then adjust either one up or down according to your tires. Timing set at 45 on can. Motor should have good rip and be approx under 130 degrees. Let me know how it works. This timing and gearing is super crazy on a small track. Never a fan of running the motor over 140. If you do, you just decrease the guass rating on your rotor and lose performance. Its not a nitro engine. It doesn't have to be at a certain temp to work better. In fact, the lower the temp the better it is. Normally you want it around 120 or less. THe guass / strength of the rotor doesn't come back if you overheat it above 150. In fact it just gets weaker everytime it hits over 150. And the R1 has way more top end than my TP motor.