R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice on getting into nitro for an electric racer
Old 01-29-2018, 09:29 PM
scary_jerry
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yxiaocheng
Hi everyone,

I have been racing electric touring for about two years and want to give nitro touring a try. As of now nitro is pretty much dead in my area (only in big race we have one main for nitro touring), electric touring is OK but is still a luxury (racing every other weekend or so)

Talked to owner of the track last week and he love to bring nitro back. I am quite young (20) and would like to give it a try. But due to lack of racers, there is literally no local support except for the owner.

What should I do to get started? I stick to every class I pick up, so I am looking for some genuine advice on the forum.
Are you going to have a local hobby shop for car parts/advice/support.
It’s usually the selection of car and support equipment for your selected car. I’ve got a new TC on the shelf, NIB but no local drivers in the class. I run GT8 but know I’ll have to get tire truer/smaller starter box/fuel gun/setup gear etc. The class looks fun and some areas are now a bit of a challenge for my GT8.
You’ll soon have some more advice on the topic but my comments come from someone looking from ‘the outside’ with the same concerns about ‘how to make it work’.
Select your ‘brand’ and then get into their thread on RCTech for guidance.
(my kit is a Shepard and will be a solid race brand but support is what I will have to put together because of no ‘local’ action)
‘Nitro TC is awesome, ENJOY’. 😎