R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated's new RC8B3e
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 10:36 AM
jamsandolina
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Most 8th scale plastics have a lot less fiber material in them compared to 10th scale cars. This makes them more flexible and durable in a crash, but can make self tapped threads less durable, as you have noticed. Any screws that go into plastic don't have to be crazy tight. Just snug. I only really lock down screws that thread into aluminum or steel, like the motor mount or steering posts.
I keep trying to tell myself that they only need to be snug but I always find myself rechecking them 2-3 times. I think its my OCD and afraid its just not tight enough. I guess ill learn the hard when I have to replace a crapload of plastics. Quick question. Would anyone be concerned if they received their kit and the 2 clear seals were already broken? The silver seal was still intact. That is how I received mine from Amain. Everything inside was sealed and there as far as I know so far. I'm hoping I didn't get one that was sitting on there shelf awhile and had been opened. I would think their online stock turn over rate would be fast.