R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MLX JQ 1/8 GT conversion kit
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 05:24 AM
UrabusDenis
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
I can appreciate the amount of work that went into making your 'c carriers'.....I had an engineer do the 'cadcam'design stuff for me off of a Chinese knockoff of the CNC carrier, thinking I could mod out the darned 'caster devil'. When I got the first bid back from a manufacturer that could handle the CNC at $3700.00 for each 'pair' (of my 3,5 and 7°) versions I decided to buy a different car that was more conducive to playing with 'caster bugger'.
I can see the thought you've put into the 'stance' on your conversion. How is tire wear ?? Are you running 'long' A Mains ?? (45 min or longer) (tire brand ?) 😎
Yeah, they are quite expensive to make, I've gone through a few companies until I found a good one which does excellent work for a reasonable price. Weirdly, it isn't in China!

We are running 30 min mains and wherever I go abroad the rules are the same, 30 min. I can finish a main with a set of freshly broken in GRPs without any issues (on my track it's GRP S2-S4, depending on the temperature) and still be good for a few more practice runs. The fronts do wear slightly more than before (with the original 16 deg carriers) but the performance has improved greatly. Recently I've tried harder fronts but I'm still not sure what to think of it, my personal best is still on same front and rear. Anyway, to answer your question, I'd say the tire wear is the same as other fast local drivers with Serpents, Mugens and Xrays. Definitely no worse