R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MLX JQ 1/8 GT conversion kit
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 07:29 AM
UrabusDenis
Tech Master

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
So what items are needed to convert a JQ Black edition?
Thanks for the positive comments guys, means a lot to us

To convert a Black Edition you'd need these parts: new CNC machined C-hubs with much less caster (symmetric design, so you'd need only one spare ), new GT front and rear shock towers, 4x lower arm shock absorber mount and new steering knuckle arms (because the C-hub is different the Ackermann positions are different as well, hence new parts). Carbon plate arm stiffeners are optional, but I'd suggest them for the GT. You also need the upper plate and side mounting plate to accommodate the Kyosho IGW008 2-speed. I have all of these parts left over from the initial run so feel free to shoot me a PM if interested.

From other cars you need, apart from the Kyosho IGW 008 2-speed, new dogbones (JQ 104mm for the rear and HPI86057 78mm for the front) and a 150cc tank to take advantage of the truggy fuel tank rule for GT (I've used both Serpent and Sworkz, both fit very nicely). Also you'd need a front bumper set (mine is from a Serpent, basically fits perfectly, only the bottom holes need a bit of trimming) and a rear body post (I use this from a Team C).

C-hubs were a particular pain in the ***, it took a lot of work and redesigns. Imagine producing a C-hub on a manual mill- every cut needs repositioning. Finally we have ordered this CNC one and we're very proud of it