R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Creating and developing a 2wd buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 02:14 PM
AntH3000
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
That's because you don't know how the camber curves are. Look how the tire is being used the fullest.

Ever wonder why 2.4" tires were ripped out of their beads? Where's why.

If you are referring to the suspension on the tekin car that's no DAX front suspension, it's a type of pillow ball suspension using pan car suspension parts.
That's my focus on the front end, the 2wd cars don't have space and axle joint constraints so I'm choosing to have the kingpin centred in the wheel. Typically 4wd cars have to run larger scrub radius than 2wd cars because it's very difficult to package the axle joint and the wheel bearings. That works better on 1/8th buggies because there's more space and for the record I'm designing an upright that does just that.
Getting rid of the current scrub radius is one of the goals of this project, if zero or negative scrub that remains to be studied. Let me add that MercedesGP and RBR went with negative scrub radius on their 2017 F1 cars.
I was thinking about running a EB410 Tekno as a 2wd on carpet when I get back to racing, but the large scrub radius of using a slim 2wd front rim put me off the idea...

Seeing cornering shots of some (most) cars always shocks me especially the rear wheel camber. This shot is fairly typical I'd say. It looks terrible..

Ps Other image is a Predator. Very long bottom arms (longest ever?), shorter top, low roll centre migration.

Last edited by AntH3000; 01-23-2018 at 02:26 PM.