R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Creating and developing a 2wd buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 10:50 AM
urnotevenwrg2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
That's because you don't know how the camber curves are. Look how the tire is being used the the fullest
Funny you chose a picture of that 22.

Are you aware of the weight jacking induced by the scrub radius and front caster angle problem that that generation of 22 had? Using that picture is not an accurate representation of what my car even is. Additionally, you have no idea the adjustments I have made to the geometry on my car. Through the entire range of travel my car has no bump steer, and a little bit of camber gain. If I want more steering, I just have to turn the steering wheel more. Because I have moved every bit of weight I can between the front and rear axle, my car can change direction very easy, and with tiny amount of deflection. You can simulate all you want, I tune my stuff by driving it at the limit, making an adjustment, then driving it again to see if the limit moved.

Last weekend I could see (in the real world not in some computer simulation or theoretical model) exactly how much I was using my tires based on how they came off the track. If I had to put a % on it I would say the front tires and inside rear were at 97% use, and the outside rear was at 99% use.

A few weeks ago, the track where I raced last weekend had a pipe burst. They couldn't water and the track dried way out. Huge cracks everywhere. They rehydrated the track and the grip was the same as before it got dry, but now the track was ROUGH, like the roughest smooth sticky clay I have ever seen. My fastest qualifying round was round one as the grip came up the more we ran on it. I didn't make any adjustments to my car all day, just slightly adjusted my driving style. A tiny bit more grip would have made the car slower.