R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Creating and developing a 2wd buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 06:54 AM
urnotevenwrg2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
That would be the DAX suspension, not the suspension design I talked about in the beginning of this thread which is the multi link.

I've seen your car and the 4.0 still has suspension geometry issues. With suspension designs like this you have to make compromises but whoever designs the cars at TLR just can't seem to pick which compromises to make, that's why Yokomo and AE are racking up more wins.
This last weekend I had the pleasure of driving at a new track about an hour and a half away from where I live. They had the stickiest clay I have ever driven on in 28 years of rc racing. The dirt was so sticky that you could see exactly how much contact patch you were using. My outside rear tire would come off after a run pefectly clean, save for maybe 5mm of the inside edge. If I had added maybe a half degree of negative camber I could have moved the contact patch enough to make that tire come off with no clay stuck to it at all. Not that I would want any more contact patch with that much grip anyway. The working patch of every other tire on my car was centered and even. Doesn't really sound like much of a geometry problem to me if I can use that much of the tire.

Last edited by urnotevenwrg2; 01-23-2018 at 07:33 AM.