R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn P12 1/12 pan car
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Ted Su(TW)
Tech Regular

Built the P12 over the past few days. Here are some pictures to share considering there's very few non manufacturer's pictures.

The overall parts quality is on pare with other top manufacturers. Only issue is they forgot to countersunk one of the holes on my carbon lower pod plate. Lucky I odered the aluminum ones as I've never planned to run the carbon ones.

Capricorn suggest me to countersunk the hole myself.

Love the super big center shock.

Will change the front end to Xenon. The Capricorn arms are softer. Ordered the Xenon front end assembly with mini damper tubes, but it won't work. The front bulk heads of the P12 are closer than those of the Associated pan cars. The dampers will interfere with each other.

The rear diff shaft is 7075 aluminum (according to Capricorn), not steel and not graphite. It's really light.

The front upper turnbuckles are Ti, according to Capricorn.

I hope they offer the front upper arm mount in aluminum.

The holes on the chassis center the Ko and Xpert servos perfectly, which is nice. Not sure about other brands.

Kimbrough servo saver is included, nice!

Wish they include more front ride height spacers.

The rear pod is very well made. Well machined and finished. The motor plate is thick, which give's lots of confidence if you got hit or hit something.

All in all, I love this kit. It's beautiful and has all the features I want.