R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 06:37 PM
mustangkillaz
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
We have to remember that 1/10 2wd is pretty much owned by AE. Even TLR who IMO is a distant number two in popularity just "Evo's" there platform. Same with AE. That's why people grumble about the next buggy from those two only have micro changes.
They are like an iPhone's. Good, popular but not really innovative.
HB is about in the same boat as Xray. Popular and niche in certain areas of the world. If you want not very innovative but has massive support and aftermarket options, get a B6 or 22 4.0. Well the 22 is quite a bit more innovative over the B6.
I have a B6 club racer and it's nice and there are 8000 posted setups for just about every track in the world. And just about every track there will be someone who can help you out.
I thought about getting a 22 4.0 for my mod car but at $350, it's hard to justify that kinda price when I got a D216 for $160. I'm no Brian Kinwald and only club race and the D216 is amazing even if it was over $300.
My guess is they are dumping kits to drum up interest and give people an option over a high dollar kit. Any manufacture who takes on producing a 2wd or 4wd 1/10 scale is going to see it as a loss leader but also see's it as being important to produce because they are the most popular form of RC racing.
Don't get me started at who the iPhone is geared up for...haha.

As for the d216, they are purposely dumping it to the market to introduce it to the masses. The quantity that one vendor received and sold them for made it obvious. Now parts as obsolete as control arm bushings are in stock, parts are becoming fairly common and available for now.

If they gave us a tranny and diff option, there would be no other car on the market to look at for the price. Nothing can touch it at under $200.