R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Lukeman269
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rlmxracer
I just feel like this top of the line car should have been sold with a couple different shock spring options, a stiffer chassis (due to the rise in higher bite tracks), and a gearbox that is as bulletproof as the rest of the car. Then to hear HBs Star driver doesn’t even run it seems a bit concerning about the longevity of the platform and yes parts availability. Add to that the fact that HBs customer service is poor at best.
I get your points. It really seems like HB's focus is on it's Nitro Buggy/Truggy team. They're in the process of making new revised buggies for the ever-changing conditions but I think it's on the back burner for now.

This car can be as good as the other cars if setup properly. I really like how it handles and is very easy to drive and was a great build.

There are several upgrades you can buy such as: aluminum chassis, aluminum top gear, aluminum top shaft, aluminum idler gear, motor mount, steering kit, etc. Exotek Racing makes all of these parts for this car.

Tuning options: you can buy different springs, it has adjustable castor built right in, multiple battery locations, etc. I don't think there is a kit that includes every type of spring for tuning. You have to buy those as option parts.

I run this car essentially stock with the exception of the transmission upgrades and it performs great.

The main reason anyone would buy this car is NOT for the "top of the line" status, but for the price. With how cheap this kit is, you shouldn't complain about anything. This is a great kit for the price. I only paid like $160 for the kit during a special and it was selling for $179 for the longest time. So you can pretty much buy two kits for the same price as an AE or TLR.