R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PROTOform Race Bodies
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Just finished painting the Type S body. Painted the simple version of JJ Wang's scheme as I like the color combo.

I didnt plan on buying the pro-lite body, but my LHS just got them in stock and I was eager to try them so I bought one without checking which thickness it was. I seriously thought I would slice through the paper thin body while cutting out the masking tape. I had a 5000grit sharpening stone next to me and was constantly sharpening my knife just to make sure it stays sharp and I only put enough pressure cutting through the masking tape and not the body.

All in all, the masking went pretty smoothly and it turned out pretty good. I hope this body last more than one race day as pro-lite is SERIOUSLY thin. The body easily deforms under and type of knock or bumps.

Also, Im happy PF FINALLY used metric hardware for the wing, but the nut they supplied is probably made of cheese. I was just tightening the screw onto the nut normally when I felt a SLIGHT resistance and then nothing again. I kept turning wondering why isnt it tightening when I realized Ive stripped the nut already. Im going to be changing it out into something more sturdy if I want to keep the wing on the car
Only need to chuck the nuts in the bin now instead of the screws , come on Protoform can we have a metal nut and washer like Montech and Bitty supply