R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray X1 - Formula One Car
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:26 AM
Ph3nyx
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kilohertz
Had a little time today so I opened up my son's Meccano set and started fabricating some chassis stiffeners, and then decided to extend the shock mount. Pics show the results. Track time this Sunday will see if it's better/worse. Easy to mod the shock position with the extra holes. My servo is mounted the standard way with the posts attached to the chassis, I used the floating mount inverted and then added the Meccano piece to join the original shock location to the carbon floating servo mount, spacing worked perfectly, no drilling or modding required. Used a 4mm plastic bushing/spacer that fit right inside the shock spring holder to keep it centered, threaded the T4 standoffs together and everything fit perfectly. Needed one 4mm spacer at the end of the standoffs to get a little more droop, looks good on the workbench, we'll see Sunday.

Cheers
For my point of view , i think it's not a good idea. The shock extender is precisely a way to get more rear grip with the chassis flex. with this plate you suppress the flex betwen front and rear main chassis.
VBC tried this kind of setup with is first lightning (without the extender) , but the front wasn't able to get enough grip , the car was always a bit "pushy"

My 2 cents