R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MLX JQ 1/8 GT conversion kit
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:40 AM
UrabusDenis
Tech Master

Default MLX JQ 1/8 GT conversion kit

I’d like to introduce you to a project my father and I have spent a huge amount of work since late 2015. The GT class was growing locally and we had a spare JQ buggy, and we decided to make a GT out of it. I mean, how hard can it be? It turns out pretty hard! GT has grown into a very popular class with cars becoming more on-road specific year by year and we soon found out that the project would have to be done properly if we wanted to be competitive. We started racing with a basic conversion and as time progressed developed the car more and more. Today the GT class is probably the most popular and most competitive class in Croatia, and we like to think our car is up there with the best.

After a successful national campaign last year, culminating in podiums and lap records, we are committed to an international programme this year to see what we can do. The biggest modifications are:

-new Italian CNC machined C-hubs for improved on-road handling
-new front and rear shock towers, with new GT geometry
-lower arm shock absorber mounts, 1:8th open style
-upper plate and side mounting plate to accommodate the Kyosho IGW008 2-speed
-carbon plate arm stiffeners
-new steering knuckle arms

We have plenty of parts in testing right now, which we will include in the conversion if they prove to be working. The conversion can be used with any White Edition or the new Black Edition. Yellow Editions can be upgraded as well with a bit more work and donor parts. For an electric GT you don’t need any parts from other cars, just my conversion kit. If any of you are interested in the parts, you can shoot me a PM. If there’s interest I’d like to make a small run, I'd love to see feedback from other people.

Thanks for reading

Last round of Croatian Nationals, victory, TQ and fastest lap