R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Gravity Foam spec tire
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 10:07 PM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
I'm having a hard time with this. If the majority of your racers were ready to quit rather than run rubber why would you even switch to rubber in the first place and when entries started to dry up why not offer a foam class or switch back? I don't mean this to be harsh but based on what you've written this sounds more like a market miscalculation than an issue of tire composition. It is not as if your area is unique in having classes go cold.

Also, I do appreciate the thankless work that you did and others do to give people places to race. This isn't a money maker and anyone that even tries deserves a thank you.
Most of my racers treated club racing as practice for events, so they ran rubber because that is what the races they traveled to ran. They did not see the benefit of running foam locally when that is the only place they can run them. When the traveling racers stopped running foam, my local "hobby" racer did as well, they like to run with the "fast" guys. Like I said earlier, no matter how much we don't like it, what happens at races transfers to the local scene quickly.
Also, i appreciate the thanks. I was able to keep my doors open for about 4 years until I bled too much of me and my partners money and time. The reason I tried was due to my love for this hobby and there was nothing for on-road or oval, indoors locally at the time.