R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wheel wobble when cornering?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:24 AM
nubs
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LzREngineering
That may be the case, though I don't recall it being much trouble last time I had it on the bench. Although there's no lateral load on the tyres when the car's not on the track so that could be why.

I don't have double cardan driveshafts on the front BUT I also don't run a spool and my steering lock is not set to the extreme, so I'm hoping the driveshafts aren't a major cause of vibration. (The wheel movement looks too slow to be caused by the driveshaft but it's hard to tell without filming it on a high fps camera)

I am using the forward ackermann point on the steering knuckles, this would give less steering torque/leverage to the servo wouldn't it? I'm working on a solution so I can use the rear ackermann point and keep the same steering angles but increase the torque of the steering linkages. Just wondering if it's worth upgrading the servo at the same time?
Doesn't matter if you have a spool. What matters is the angle of the turn. The "chatter"comes from the friction between the dog bone and the out drive of the gear diff. The sharper the turn, the more friction. Highly suggest getting double joints. It will improve control, speed up your cornering and lengthen the lifetime of the out drives.