R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC D10
Thread: VBC D10
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tangled2sh*t
I'm pretty happy with the quality of my FXM. The D10 looks like it has different ball studs and cups, are they as good as Tamiya or other brands?
The 4.9 ball cups are pretty decent. The plastice is more pliable then I would prefer for certain areas of the car, but they do last.

Originally Posted by charlie63
Can someone explain what's the issue about arms, inserts and hubs.
If I buy an old car kit (the first one released) can I fix these issues and how ......
thanks so much and happy new 2018 to everyone ;-)
If you JB weld the inserts into the arms and then use a reamer just ensure free pin movement, the arms are quite durable. Since I glued them in I haven't had any arm issues. The rear hubs or uprights, I think may be opened up a bit as it was very tight to get the bearings in. I don't think there where any other issues with them.

For all......I have found that if you JB weld the 4mm lower steering hub screw into the hub, it doesn't take much, but locks the screw in place. You can really tighten the screw up and take a considerable amount of slop out of the front end that the combination of the screw and ball bearings can have. this also prevents the screw from loosening off and ruing the steering hub itself.

I also, was sent a email confirmation on the 26th with tracking number, that my replacement parts have been sent out.