R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 09:31 AM
EbbTide
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan391
I am limited on the number of post I can make per day, so I am going to ask a few questions in one post and hopefully I can respond if necessary

1. Are Ti turnbuckles stronger or just lighter?
2. What is the reason for the rear weights? What does it correct
3. On Amain I see some Exotec making "heavy duty" parts. Are these stronger or just altenatives?
4. Exotek Camber saver? Is this a replacement or go over the existing
5. In the manual it says use longer screws in the bulkhead block. Anyone done this?
6. I have a bent shock shaft - do any other brands or models fit this shock. Not a whole lot of suppliers of Tekno locally, I wanted to band aid until I can get a new one.
1: yes the titanium turnbuckles will be stronger. The stock steel isn't of very high quality.

2: rear weights are just a tuning option that some people prefer. I believe it is to help plant the rear end better on certain surfaces but I feel no need for it on our clay track.

3: the heavy duty part that exotek makes is indeed a bit beefier so should be stronger but I've seen no need to replace that part with anything stronger.

4: this replaces the existing one and adds material to help prevent bulkhead breaks.

5: yes most that have been with the kit early on have been told to add those screws to strengthen the bulkhead.

6: no shafts that I know of to fit. It's 3.5mm diameter so might be a stretch.