R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 10:40 AM
dan_vector
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cilal
I have a setup station. And droop and ride height gauges etc.

Aside from that, Is there anything else important for GT cars to fine tune? Surely it's hard to balance a nitro GT car considering the fuel tank is to the side and will be forever changing weight and balance?

What about tweak station? Corner weight system? Any ideas would be great.

What sort of static weight (empty fuel tank with no body, and empty fuel tank with body attached) does a typical cobra GT kit weigh in at? Should I be transferring anything, making anything lighter, or just running it as is at stock?
The car is pretty well balanced stock. You don't need to do anything. My car ready to race with sweep wheels/tires and Sweep P1R body is 3623gr and I run the car pretty much stock v3.1 specification with the addition of the diff spacers. Ignore tire wear as the weight change is negligible with rubber tires (foam tires of course is a different story but we don't use foam tires in 1/8 GT).

A corner weight system is a waste of money in my experience. You don't need a tweek station with such a big car. It is better to measure the setup accurately and set the shock lengths with the springs equally L/R Anti roll bars aligned correctly and the car will be pretty much tweek free. You can check the tweek by lifting the front and rear of the car and ensuring both wheels lift off at the same time.