R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 11:59 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DBM
New very small indoor track has just opened up close to me where i plan to run 2wd 13.5 buggy. The track is hardpack dirt with perhaps 50% clay content. They only race every second Sunday, so the track dries out between race days. They water every run in the morning to get the moisture level back up, and then stop watering in the afternoon. They turn the heat down to 1 degree above freezing between race days, and turn up the heat to 8 degrees above freezing on race days but the surface temp likely doesn't come up that much. When i stopped by to check out the facility, there was light dust on the track in the afternoon.

I'm thinking black compound reflex front and rear, but should i consider a different front tire?
Safe to assume that no one makes a better cold weather compound that JC black?

Thanks for any help that you can offer! I race 95% onroad and do some 8th ebuggy in the summer, but have not raced 2wd 1/10 buggy before.
Wow That seems like a really tough combo. I think you're on the right track with black compound. If they blow it off at all, then I would try black Dirt Webs, if not, then black Reflexes.

Can anyone tell me where the mounting hardware goes for the Finnisher truggy body?
It should be for the name plate/rear fins that bolt to the rear fender/bed rail area. The fins/plates are molded into the back of the body or rear wheel wells.