R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 12-23-2017, 03:19 PM
ixlr8nz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
What I did is simply drill 2 holes on the original damper plate, then made 2 extensions off of the body posts to attach the Exotek dampers. I used 10k weight grease on the dampers. Also Shimizu makes or made o-rings for the F103 in soft, med and hard and included some double wide rings. I use the hard in the front and the pivot ball in the rear. I have not yet tested this. Also, to center the posts I ground down some front suspension bushings (top hat) and it fit perfectly inside the original hole in the top deck.
So if you wanted more rear grip, remove the pivot ball as this raises the roll centre reducing grip, + remove the damper and you will see a big increse in rear traction

Btw other thing you can do is remove the rear suspension mount and mount the shock directy to the motor mount. Also you would need to turn your front shock mount 180 degrees and maybe dependig the shock, readjust the shock length.