R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated SC10.2 Factory Team
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 01:32 PM
bubbaslash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tvih
I never did manage to break the stock SC10 arms despite them looking flimsy, although I mostly drove alone so no collisions with other cars to worry about. Even so, I did upgrade to RPM arms this summer, although mine isn't a .2 so the RPM arm is slightly different to the .2 version (I don't even know what the exact difference is mounting them is to make the two versions incompatible with each other). Since you're posting in the .2 thread I assume that's what your car would use - but in either case their durability is well known. I imagine that if you're breaking graphite, chances are you'll break the stock arms too - RPM would probably be better in that regard.

But I can't speak for the flex - some say they are "too flexible for racing", but personally I don't notice the difference because I'm at least half-immune to subtle setup changes like that. So my humble and uninformed suggestion would be to try the RPM ones yourself, they're not very expensive after all.
The donor truck was a .2, but the earlier flat arms and tower work better than the gull wings in mid motor configuration, so they are the choice of the XFactory guys. Thank you for the feedback...I'm still undecided. Funny thing is, the XFactory rear arms are graphite and they're not failing like the AE fronts are. And this is a very light truck. We've had light contact with lap traffic and some imperfect downsides break the graphite fronts, without enough impact to damage the arms of previous platforms we have run. And front arm breakage didn't become an issue til we started running a couple high bite tracks. The FT graphite arms are actually harder than the original SC10 version, which probably makes them more brittle. We ran some AE standard plastics on other surfaces without issue.

Last edited by bubbaslash; 12-23-2017 at 01:53 PM.