R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Aries326
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Tools for my TC3

While we're on the subject of helping me dial in my TC3, can you guys give suggestions on tools? The hex wrenches that came with the TC3 are stripping and in turn they are stripping my screws. Can you guys suggest any affordable tools? I don't want to dish out $40 for an Associated set of tools. Are the DuraTrax Precision Ball Hex Drivers any good? They're $3 a piece. It beats paying $9 for a single Associated hex driver or $8 for a DuraTrax Ultimate driver. I'm thinking of just getting the more commonly used sizes like 3/32, 1/16 and 2.0mm for my Yoke.

I know the tips can't be changed on these cheaper ones but how often do the tips go bad on these? Will they last long enough and are more reliable than the L shaped hex wrenches? My brother is a mechanic so he seems to think I should get the expensive ones. All his tools are top notch. My point is I'm not working on a real car but not working on a toy either so I want something better than getting a new set of L-shaped hex wrenches that's not gonna cost too much. I still have to buy a high torque servo. Thanks again.