R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C TC10 2018
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 08:56 AM
nickw
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Again, as we spoke about, price to everyone will be 40% off the MSRP, so please let's stop using the overinflated MSRP as the basis for comparison.

That puts it at $420 for everyone before shipping.

I expect the TR10 to get a facelift at some point too to keep the parts similarity the same (that's the base for the rebranded HobbyKing BT-4), and that car street price is in the $150 range. It's a great beginner car.

The hope is, Steve, that we can make a mark in the USA market. Both with the cars performance, and with increasing stock and availability to everyone over here.

That's a slow process, but we're doing our best to make it happen

Originally Posted by SteveM
Seems like a very odd strategy to develop a chassis that can use direct fit parts from another manufacturer. At what point does your chassis become a Frankenstein mix of parts and why then would I bother to buy Team C parts when I can get higher quality parts from Xray or another manufacturer?

Pricing at the moment is higher than anything else on the market today from any of the top premium brands. Serpent, Xray, Kyosho, Yokomo and Associated all offer proven race cars at lower prices with excellent parts support. Team C is tiny by comparison to these brands and remains mostly unknown and unproven in sedan racing circles.

The hobby/sport is like most other businesses these days and it's all about branding. Make the best product possible at an affordable price and get that product into the hands of both skilled and the 'every-man' racer as possible so they can achieve the best possible race results. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

My advice to the decision makers at Team C would be to price this chassis below every other high-end sedan on the market, increase the number of authorized dealers and make darn sure the kits and parts are readily available. Get this car into the hands of as many racers as possible and grow the brand. Team C remains relatively unknown in North America and I would be extremely surprised if anyone will pony up for this chassis at $699 knowing it's mostly a clone and unproven.

Prove me wrong.