R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:04 PM
rayzcar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joNathanW
Hello everyone, I got a few questions
First of all: is the 22 3.0 still worth to get? I could get one off eBay in a decent condition for around 260 € including ESC, motor and quite a few spare parts. Would that be a good deal?
Second thing: I mostly run 1/8 electric buggy and would drive the 22 just in the "off-season" (thanks to the german weather...) and want something different from the 4 WD of my Mugen. Some guys at my local track had a 2 WD and now they say it's bad and switched to a 4 WD 1/10 buggy. Is 2 WD really that bad and hard to handle as they say? I actually can't believe it and I'm somehow the type of guy who can drive with whatever you give me Don't want to sound conceited, it's just what I experienced since I started racing this year.
Oh and also: the 22 3.0 I found has a Sky RC Toro combo (barely heard of it here in Germany), is it any good?

Would be nice if someone could answer me
Kind regards from Germany,
Jonathan
What type of surface are you running on? Large or small/tight/twisty track? Will you be running mod or stock 17.5?

If running carpet or similar high traction, does the 3.0 you’re looking at already include laydown transmission, gear diff, sway bars, adjustability to raise diff/axles, mount rear shocks in front of tower/rear arms?

If running stock on dirt/clay, does it come with lighter pieces like slipper eliminator, lighter diff and axles?

3.0 is still a competitive car but may need more pieces to be competitive on certain surfaces or types of tracks. That being the case, you’ll want to compare the cost of buying the used 3.0 as equipped against the standard 4.0 kit versus the 4.0 spec racer.