R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PROTOform WCICS Round 4: Victoria BC, January 5-7 2018
Old 12-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Blake
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eevul
I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a demo class this year and what is it?

2) My son ran touring stock at the Kelowna WCICS race and we purchased the WCICS tires. I forgot to check-in his tires in at the end of the race. Since we don't run them at home, can he use the tires we bought at Kelowna or do I have to buy a new set? Again, we don't run these tires at home so it would be nice not to have to buy another set for one race.

Thanks!
Hey Ed,

1. Traditionally we have not run a demo class due to time constraints but we *might* be able to run one this year depending on overall turnout. If there is time, we will add Euro Truck as this year's demo class due to the high popularity of the class I witnessed in the Lower Mainland and Kelowna over the last couple races. So, please prepare your trucks, and we'll have a final answer as we get closer to the race. Note that I am completely unfamiliar with the rules for this class so I would fall back on the standard rules employed in Chilliwack and Kelowna.

2. Good question. Technically the rule is that you seal the tires in a bag so that they cannot be tampered with. Of course this rule is not there to thwart Alex but more to protect all racers from the 3% that want an unfair advantage with home tampered tires. I'll check with Josh to see what we can do here. Perhaps we need to check it by everyone else running TC Stock to ensure they are OK with it. Even then I'd be worried about setting a precedent for future events. Honestly I don't want to be difficult over something that I know will not matter either way, but I want everyone to feel as though they have an equal shot at whatever position they are competing for. I will get back to you.

Thanks,
Blake