R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 3PV Vs Sanwa MT-S?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Doodle
Tech Initiate

Default Futaba 3PV Vs Sanwa MT-S?

Hoping to get some help from the oracles on here...

I have been club racing for a few years now, starting with a short course truck with a HPI TF40 Radio which was not too bad in terms of adjustments. It had end point adjustment for throttle, brakes and steering - so for a RTR radio is was alright.

I then bought a few other RC Cars and decided to buy a radio with model memory, I purchased from MB Models the Absima CR3P with 2 Recievers.

It was not as nice to hold as the HPI TF40, but offered a nice display to alter the settings digitally, it didn't really offer anything else in terms of adjustments (Not that I need much more!) but had Expo adjustment, ABS and of course model memory.

Skip forward a year and I thinking it would be nice to upgrade to a slightly better radio. Something along the lines of the Futaba 3PV or the slightly more expensive Sanwa MT-S with the antenna-less RX482.

Ergonomics wise, I guess it depends on what feels good and I probably won't have the oppurtunity to actually handle one, but thats personal opinion and subjective I guess.

What is important with the menu system, the CR3P is ok, but not very intuitive but it works. How does the menu systems compared between the two radios?

Secondly, Recievers... The RX482 is around £70. Is this the 'best' aka fastest(?) reciever for Sanwa. What about Futaba? I've read they are cheaper, but most if not all are bigger than the Sanwa's and have an antenna.

Last question. Speed wise, latency/lag. Would there be a discernible difference between the more expensive MT-S and cheaper 3PV from Futaba? I'm guessing both would be perfectly suitable for a club racer.

Just trying to get a much info as possible what *should* be the best for me to buy.

Thanks