R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 1/8 Buggy Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 07:22 AM
gabor szilagyi
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Questions..

Hello everyone!I just got back into the hobby after 6 years off!I had a TKi2 when I quit!Really loved it!I also read a lot of good things about the TK3 while during my off!So few months ago I decided to get Kyosho again to start with!Went and I got a TKI4 Nitro roller and a TKI4E .Had fun building it!I put a setup what the factory suggested!Beside I am very rusty both buggy felt very hard to drive so I decided changing setups!Took away steering ,went up on diff fluid (5-5-7) etc etc did help a little bit but still not where I want to be!Buggy still feels a little hard to drive!It’s just not the same forgiving as the TKi2 was!The gas mileage is bad too!OS speed with 2090 pipe max 8:30min.Same engine setup tuned by same guy on a different brand buggy gets 10:00min....But than few friends telling me to not chew myself up because Kyosho really moved to the wrong direction with the TKI4!Its totally different than a TKI3 what everyone loved!My response was than how come the Nationals won by this buggy than?They say bc the guy actually ran the TKI3 not the TKI4!
They also said (this is Ppl who actually good local racers and tried the TKI4) if I keep the TKI4 I gonna always wrenching and chasing setups all the time!Which I am not really happy about!
Question:-what’s the deal with the fuel mileage?Is it true to get worse with this buggy?
-was TKI3 really a better buggy?
-did the Nationals really won with TKI3?
Don’t bite my head off!
Looking for constructive answer!I am not here to bash Kyosho!Just want to clear the water!