R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Helion Avenge MT
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:58 PM
fyrstormer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thumper01
Agreed. It's almost impossible to avoid using tried and true tread patterns. People want what works. A Chevron tread by any other name is still basically the old school agricultural tractor tread design. It's proven and has stood the test of time. No need to reinvent the wheel (pun intended!).
The wheels and tires on the Avenge MT reproduce the design of the Pro-Line F11 wheels and Trencher tires to a level of detail beyond what is necessary to merely provide traction. We all know a simple round- or square-pin tread design will do just fine for a dirt-and-grass basher truck. They definitely ripped off a popular design to make their product look more attractive. It's essentially the RC equivalent of putting the Coach logo on a cheap purse to make it look fancier. Is it wrong? I don't personally care, it's not my fight, I'm just giving credit where credit is due. The only thing *I'm* concerned about is this truck will probably evaporate in a year or two, leaving anyone who owns one in a tough spot if they need to replace parts. Better support is one of the things you pay for when you buy name-brand merchandise.