R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Old T-Maxx 3.3 issue.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM
CBren32
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowLST2
1. Not idling and moving forward while idling are symptoms of a broken clutch spring.
2. Replace the glow plug
3. Use fresh fuel
4. Set carb idle gap to .5-.6mm and blow through fuel line to carb at idle. Air should barely get through. Open carb wide open and blow again. Air should move through easily. If air doesn’t move easily, open needles 1/2-1 turn and try again. If no joy, remove the carb from the engine, disassemble, clean with acetone, and reassemble.
5. Check bearings for grittiness. If crank turns smooth, bearings should be good. If crank turns rough, replace bearings.
6. If you get it primed right, glow driver is fully charged, and glow plug is new/known good, it should start and run within 4-6 pulls easily. My 3.3s start in 2 pulls religiously - one has 4 gallons on it and the other has over 8 gallons on it.
Hmm, okay. Thank you, very valuable feedback. I am going to check the clutch out before opening up the engine. My original guess was something with the clutch, but assumed I was wrong when no one else mentioned it. Thanks again.